The Melrose Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee, re-established by the City of Melrose in 2012, works to improve conditions for pedestrians and bicyclists in the City and promote walking and bicycling as means of transportation. Activities of the Committee include:
- Enhance Melrose’s reputation as a prime commuter city;
- Review City plans for road construction and offer input;
- Organize and participate in public events such walk to school days, Healthy Melrose, Victorian Fair etc.;
- Comment on pending pedestrian and bicycle related ordinances and improvements;
- Develop materials to encourage walking and bicycling in the city; and
- Work with other pedestrian and bicycle organizations at the local, state, and national level.
The committee is made up of community members who take an active interest in walking and bicycling issues in Melrose, as well as City staff from the Health Department, the Office of Planning and Community Development, the Police Department, and the Department of Public Works.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org