Franklin St./Melrose Highlands Improvement Project
The final design of the Franklin St./Melrose Highlands Improvement Project have been completed. Drawings have gone out for bid June 11th, 2014. The public open house for the project was May 29th. You can see a copy of the plan of the project here.
The Committee was part of the design process, attending 3 design meeting between December and May. Because of the lane width requirements and parking, a dedicated bike lane could not be added to this road. However, ‘sharrows‘ will be painted onto the roadway reminding motorists to share the road.
2014 will see mostly utility work. Repaving and restriping the pavement is expected in the spring of 2015.
Lynn Fells Parkway/DCR
Lebanon St. Project
Melrose Pedestrian & Bicycle Advisory Committee
Subscribe to the GoogleGroup forumclick here. The group emails discussions about encouraging and increasing safety of walking and biking in Melrose. You would receive between 5 and 10 emails a week.
- Bike Share Program
- Ten Days with Lime Bike
- Melrose High School/Middle School Campus Bicycle and Pedestrian Accessibility Project
- Complete Streets Coming to Melrose
- Bike to the Sea, June 12
- Walk Bike to School Day, Oct. 7 – Why Walk or Bike?
- Last Melrose to Boston Bike Commute – August 28
- Melrose to Boston Bike Friday
- Try a Walking School Bus
- Traffic volumes on Melrose roads
View all News & Events
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets