- 2016 City of Melrose Complete Streets Policy
- 2015 Open Space and Recreation Plan
- 2013 Melrose Livable Community Workshop
- 2013 Tremont/Essex Street Corridor Study
- 2012 Melrose/Wakefield/Reading Main Street Corridor Study
- 2004 Melrose Master Plan
- Bike plan that MAPC developed for Malden, Everett, Chelsea, Revere, Saugus & Lynn
- Boston Bikes
- City of Boston Bike Network Plan
- Cambridge Bike City Website
- Somerville Bicycle Routes
Complete Street & Master Plans
- Boston’s Complete Streets policy
- Smart Growth America’s Complete Streets: A to Z
- MAPC Walking and Biking Map
- Brookline Bikes Master Plan The Brookline Bicycle Advisory Committee has prepared a master plan to promote bicycle transportation in the Town of Brookline. This plan includes a network of bicycle routes that connect all neighborhoods in Brookline, with special emphasis on schools, parks and commercial areas. This plan was generated with input from the public, town staff and local organizations.
Federal and State Guidelines
- AASHTO (American Association of State Highway Transportation Officials) Guide for Design of Bicycle Facilities (PDF).
- Walk Bike to School The US contingent of the International Walk to School
- National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO) Urban Bikeway Design Guide
- TED Talk: Janette Sadik-Khan: New York’s street? Not so mean any more
- Pedestrian Safety during dawn and dusk (Grist.org)
- Why Dallas TX is the USA’s worse city for cycling (Sustainable Cities Collective)
- The next breakthrough for a bike-friendly world: Protected intersections!